List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 14 1999 9:36pm
Subject:Help - phpMyAdmin stopped working.
View as plain text
>>>>> "Petras" == Petras Virzintas <petras@stripped> writes:

Petras> Hi, on a Linux Red Hat 6.0 server, I have just installed the latest MySQL
Petras> (3.23.4-alpha) using the RPM files and suddenly Apache(1.3.6) / phpMyAdmin
Petras> (2.0.4) no longer works, giving the following message:

Petras> Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server (111)
Petras> in lib.inc.php3 on line 119

Petras> I am still using my previous "mysql" database from MySQL version 3.22.22.
Petras> Has the authentication system changed?
Petras> My other php web pages still work fine. Please help.

Hi!

Depending on your old installation, the place for the MySQL socket may
have changed.  You can check this with 'mysqladmin variables'.  You
probably have to tell phpMyAdmin where the current socket is..

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Help - phpMyAdmin stopped working.Petras Virzintas14 Oct
  • Re: Help - phpMyAdmin stopped working.Van14 Oct
  • Re: Help - phpMyAdmin stopped working.Petras Virzintas14 Oct
  • Help - phpMyAdmin stopped working.Michael Widenius14 Oct