List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 14 1999 3:04pm
Subject:Re: using limit and also getting total count
View as plain text

<cut>

Jay> Question: Has there been any discussion about cacheing the answers to
Jay> queries? If I understand correctly something like the 'key_buffer' is shared
Jay> amongst the threads, keys .. but not answers. (right?)

Jay> So in the example above, maybe he is forced to run a count(*) which returns
Jay> 6, but if none of the tables have changed in the interim then next time the
Jay> cached answer is returned? (I realize this isn't a new concept)

Jay> -Jay

Hi!

A MySQL users is working on caching query results (The MySQL
3.23.4 server already has some hooks for this).  I don't however know
when he gets the time to finish it.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
using limit and also getting total countJerry Preeper13 Oct
  • Re: using limit and also getting total countJay J14 Oct
    • Re: using limit and also getting total countBob Kline14 Oct
      • Re: using limit and also getting total countJay J14 Oct
        • Re: using limit and also getting total countBob Kline14 Oct
          • Re: using limit and also getting total countJerry Preeper14 Oct
          • Re: using limit and also getting total countRyan Dickinson18 Oct
        • Re: using limit and also getting total countMichael Widenius14 Oct
      • Re: using limit and also getting total count [cacheing query answers]Jay J16 Oct
    • Re: using limit and also getting total countMichael Widenius14 Oct
  • Re: using limit and also getting total countGerald Clark15 Oct