List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 14 1999 7:30pm
Subject:mysql_once_init crash
View as plain text
>>>>> "Ragnar" == Ragnar Rova <rr@stripped> writes:

Ragnar> Hi,
Ragnar> A program which uses -lmysqlclient (3.22.26a) starts to crash
Ragnar> when it's recompiled it on Solaris 2.6, but it works under Linux.

Ragnar> gdb backtrace is:

Ragnar> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
Ragnar> 0xef53ea20 in getenv ()

Ragnar> #0  0xef53ea20 in getenv ()
Ragnar> #1  0x86ecc in my_init ()
Ragnar> #2  0x83cec in mysql_once_init ()
Ragnar> #3  0x854e0 in mysql_init ()
Ragnar> #4  0x2ecec in server (ptr=0xaed70) at threadfunction.c:158

Ragnar> the source line that crashes is:

Ragnar> threadfunction.c:158 	if(mysql_init(&(db.mysql))==NULL){

Ragnar> the program uses pthreads.

Ragnar> I've checked that the include files are the same version
Ragnar> as the libmysqlclient library.

Hi!

Can you try to put 'my_init()' as the first call in your main()
program and see if this changes anything.

We are using Solaris 2.6 here at TCX without any problems.

Any change you can make a short test program that shows this?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mysql_once_init crashRagnar Rova13 Oct
  • mysql_once_init crashMichael Widenius14 Oct