List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 14 1999 7:48pm
Subject:Re: Problems Creating a New User
View as plain text

Christopher> Monty wrote:
>> This means that you will insert an entry with host='%' to the MySQL
>> user table.  The problem is that the entry 'host=localhost' and
>> 'user='' is more specific than the above.

Christopher> Why is user='' in there by default?  I've been doing grants then setting
Christopher> host='localhost' to get them to work.

The user='' is to allow anyone to connect to the test database.  This
is quite nice for first time MySQL users, even if it may make things worse
for others.

Problems Creating a new userPer Reedtz Thomsen11 Oct
  • Re: Problems Creating a new usersinisa12 Oct
  • Problems Creating a new userMichael Widenius12 Oct
    • Re: Problems Creating a new userThimble Smith12 Oct
      • Re: Problems Creating a new userMichael Widenius13 Oct
        • Re: Problems Creating a new userThimble Smith13 Oct
Re: Problems Creating a New UserChristopher Hicks13 Oct
  • Re: Problems Creating a New UserMichael Widenius14 Oct