List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 14 1999 7:48pm
Subject:Re: Problems Creating a New User
View as plain text

Christopher> Monty wrote:
>> This means that you will insert an entry with host='%' to the MySQL
>> user table.  The problem is that the entry 'host=localhost' and
>> 'user='' is more specific than the above.

Christopher> Why is user='' in there by default?  I've been doing grants then setting
Christopher> host='localhost' to get them to work.

Hi!

The user='' is to allow anyone to connect to the test database.  This
is quite nice for first time MySQL users, even if it may make things worse
for others.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Problems Creating a new userPer Reedtz Thomsen11 Oct
  • Re: Problems Creating a new usersinisa12 Oct
  • Problems Creating a new userMichael Widenius12 Oct
    • Re: Problems Creating a new userThimble Smith12 Oct
      • Re: Problems Creating a new userMichael Widenius13 Oct
        • Re: Problems Creating a new userThimble Smith13 Oct
Re: Problems Creating a New UserChristopher Hicks13 Oct
  • Re: Problems Creating a New UserMichael Widenius14 Oct