List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Marrs Date:February 20 2004 6:36pm
Subject:Does thread_concurrency do anything on a non-Solaris OS?
View as plain text
Looking around in the docs, I found this regarding thread_concurrency:

thread_concurrency
On Solaris, mysqld will call thr_setconcurrency() with this value.
thr_setconcurrency() permits the application to give the threads system a
hint for the desired number of threads that should be run at the same time.

I had noticed that it is set to 10 on my system, though I only have 2 CPUs
(I've also seen that the recommended value is #CPUS*2.  So, I was
considering dropping it to 4.  But, after reading the above, I wonder if it
makes difference on a Linux system (or any other non-Solaris system).

-bill

Thread
Does thread_concurrency do anything on a non-Solaris OS?Bill Marrs20 Feb
  • Re: Does thread_concurrency do anything on a non-Solaris OS?Dan Nelson20 Feb