List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:February 18 2004 8:58pm
Subject:Re: SHOW PROCESSLIST
View as plain text
Hi Ronan,

> > > But, what could make so many threads get idle?
> >
> > Connecting, but don't doing anything.
> >
> > > Shouldn´t the queries just be executed, return the results and
> > > be closed?
> >
> > If you don't close your connection, what do you expect?
> >
> > > Does this mean some kind of congestion or it is normal?
>
> It´s a website, so it´s possible that the users closed his browsers
> before the query finishes?

I don't know - that all depends on how you coded your back-end.

For example: if I write a cgi-bin in Delphi, and a user closed the
browser while waiting for a result, I'm sure the cgi-bin gets cleaned
up and I can close the connection in my executable.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
SHOW PROCESSLISTRonan Lucio18 Feb
  • Re: SHOW PROCESSLISTJeremy Zawodny18 Feb
  • Re: SHOW PROCESSLISTRonan Lucio18 Feb
  • Re: SHOW PROCESSLISTMartijn Tonies18 Feb