List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 14 1999 1:53am
Subject:Re: Any MySQL users on Madagascar ?
View as plain text

Tonu> Michael Widenius wrote:
>> I just wanted to inform that I will be away on a trip to Madagaskar
>> during 1999-10-21 - 1999.06.11, so during this time I will probably
>> not be able to supply quick patches for MySQL; Our main goal is to
>> make MySQL 3.23.x stable enough before that, so that patches will not
>> be needed :)

Tonu> What is the correct second time? It can't be June. Also I think it's
Tonu> impossible to make 3.23.x stable so fast because so active development
Tonu> is going in so many areas of MySQL.

Sorry about that;  The second time is of course 1999-11-06.

Anyway, the MySQL 3.23.5 version will be a beta version as the MyISAM
seams to be stable enough.  The new MyISAM is pretty important and
because of this we have to keep really big changes that require us to
modify much old code out from the 3.23 release and start on the 3.24
release pretty soon.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Any MySQL users on Madagascar ?Michael Widenius13 Oct
  • Re: Any MySQL users on Madagascar ?Tonu Samuel13 Oct
    • Re: Any MySQL users on Madagascar ?Michael Widenius14 Oct
  • Re: Any MySQL users on Madagascar ?Tonu Samuel14 Oct