List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:February 16 2004 5:57pm
Subject:Re: Setting "PACK_KEYS=1" on existing tables
View as plain text
In the last episode (Feb 16), Bill Marrs said:
> Is there a way to set "PACK_KEYS=1" on existing tables without doing a dump
> and load?
> I didn't find it in the "ALTER TABLE" syntax.

It's there:

   ALTER [IGNORE] TABLE tbl_name alter_specification [, alter_specification ...]

       | table_options

It's a table option.  They're detailed in the CREATE TABLE syntax

	Dan Nelson
Setting "PACK_KEYS=1" on existing tablesBill Marrs16 Feb
  • Re: Setting "PACK_KEYS=1" on existing tablesKeith C. Ivey16 Feb
  • Re: Setting "PACK_KEYS=1" on existing tablesDan Nelson16 Feb