List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Victoria Reznichenko Date:February 12 2004 3:43pm
Subject:Re: question for replication
View as plain text
"Liying Huang" <lhuang@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to do replication from master-> slave, I used windows,
> MySql 4.0.17 version on both. I have set bin-log option
> in my.cfg in master computer, set master-host, master-user, master-password,
> replicate-do-db and replicate-ignore-db=mysql, skip-slave-start in
> my.cfg in slave. I have zipped the database from master, copy the zip to
> slave and unzip it, then I start both server, start slave. When I do some
> update in master computer in database, the query showed in master-bin.001
> and it is shown in slave-relay-bin.001 too (slave IO thread seems working),
> but database in slave doesn't update. What have I done wrong? The database
> is
> not small, it will take forever if I use 'load data from master', so I
> copy the database instead. The outcome from "Show processlist\G"
> is attached below too. It seems slave SQL thread is running without problem.

If you use replicate-do-db=db_name option, only queries for which db_name is current
database will be replicated.
For example, the following INSERT statement will not be replicated:

USE some_other_db;
INSERT INTO db_name.table_name VALUES(..);

Do you specify database name explicitly in the queries?

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   Victoria.Reznichenko@stripped
       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
RE: [Mysql-discussions] HOW TO RUN SQL and default value ?Remko Lodder9 Feb
  • question about replicationLiying Huang9 Feb
    • Re: question about replicationVictoria Reznichenko10 Feb
  • HOW TO RUN SQLSeena Blace9 Feb
    • Re: HOW TO RUN SQLKKoTY9 Feb
  • Re: question about replicationLiying Huang10 Feb
  • Re: question about replicationLiying Huang10 Feb
    • Re: question about replicationVictoria Reznichenko11 Feb
  • Re: question about replicationLiying Huang11 Feb
  • Re: question about replicationLiying Huang11 Feb
  • question for replicationLiying Huang12 Feb
    • Re: question for replicationvpendleton12 Feb
    • Re: question for replicationVictoria Reznichenko12 Feb
  • Re; Re: question for replicationLiying Huang12 Feb
    • Re: Re; Re: question for replicationvpendleton12 Feb
  • Re: question for replicationLiying Huang12 Feb
  • Re: Re; Re: question for replicationLiying Huang12 Feb
  • Re: Re; Re: question for replicationLiying Huang12 Feb
  • Re: question for replicationLiying Huang12 Feb
  • Re: Re; Re: question for replicationLiying Huang12 Feb
RE: HOW TO RUN SQLRemko Lodder9 Feb