List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bengt Lindholm Date:February 10 2004 4:08pm
Subject:Re: GROUP BY question
View as plain text
On 2004-02-10, at 16.21, Brian Power wrote:

> I'm not sure if it is possible to do with a group by
>
> Say you had
> 1   2004-02-02 12:00:00
> 2   2004-02-02 12:00:05
> 3   2004-02-02 12:00:09
> 4   2004-02-02 12:00:12
>
> this would require 1,2 and 3 in one group and
> 2,3,4 in another. My understanding is that you cant have the same rec
> in two groups

Thanks Brian,

In your example they would all be in the same group. You could say the
group delimiter is any gap between records that is 5 minutes or more.
So records would be in the same group even if the total timespan for
the group is more than 5 minutes, but all gaps between individual
records in the group is less than 5 minutes. No record would then be in
more than 1 group.

Regards,

Bengt Lindholm

Thread
GROUP BY questionBengt Lindholm10 Feb
  • Re: GROUP BY questionRoger Baklund11 Feb
RE: GROUP BY questionBrian Power10 Feb
  • Re: GROUP BY questionBengt Lindholm10 Feb
    • Re: GROUP BY questionJochem van Dieten10 Feb