List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Geoffrey Date:February 7 2004 2:07am
Subject:Memory Leak using InnoDB ?
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm running MySQL 4.0.17 with RH Linux 8 on Xeon 3.0/1GB RAM.

One application has to access the database (1 connection to the DB is open
on startup and left open). However this application performs a lot of
queries on the DB.

Main InnoDB table : 50.000 Rows
Other InnoDB tables (about 8) : From 0 to 1000 rows
There is 1 BLOB column in the main table (longest string currently stored :
about 500 chars)

Thanks to  "top", I can see that the "used memory" is constantly increasing
and never freed (up to 1 GB)  when performing a lot of queries.
In fact, I can see the total memory usage increasing but the mysqld process
memory usage remains the same.
When the DB is not accessed, the memory usage is stable. Stopping MySQL
server doesn't free the abnormaly allocated memory.

Here is my my.cnf file :

server-id=1
socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:750M:autoextend
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=500M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=20M
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=300M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0
skip-locking
set-variable = max_connections=5
set-variable = read_buffer_size=1M
set-variable = sort_buffer=1M
set-variable = key_buffer=10M

Maybe someone can share his experience to help me to understand/solve the
problem.

Regards.

Thread
Memory Leak using InnoDB ?Geoffrey7 Feb
  • Re: Memory Leak using InnoDB ?Dan Nelson7 Feb
  • Re: Memory Leak using InnoDB ?Greg Day7 Feb
Re: Memory Leak using InnoDB ?Heikki Tuuri7 Feb
Re: Memory Leak using InnoDB ?Geoffrey7 Feb
Re: Memory Leak using InnoDB ?Heikki Tuuri7 Feb