List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:February 6 2004 10:18pm
Subject:Re: A challenge I think
View as plain text
Hi,

> Using MySQL 4x
> I have two tables
> Lists and members
> Now for every list that a member is a member of there is  list ID in the
> members table so to query a members lists I would do the following
> SELECT members.EmailAddr, members.ListID
>
> FROM members INNER JOIN lists ON members.ListID = lists.ListID
> WHERE (((members.EmailAddr)="john_berman@stripped"));

Loose the parenthesis - no need.

> So I get say
> John_berman@blueyonder 3
> John_berman@blueyonder 2
> John_berman@blueyonder 44
>
> And it works fine, but now I want to find which lists I'm not a member of
> and would appreciate some help.

select l.listid from lists l where l.listid not in (select m.listid from
members m
where m.emailaddr = 'john_berman@stripped')

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
A challenge I thinkJohn Berman6 Feb
  • Re: A challenge I thinkMartijn Tonies6 Feb
    • iterating through a monthScott Haneda6 Feb
      • Re: iterating through a monthPeter Brawley7 Feb
        • Re: iterating through a monthmos7 Feb
      • AW: iterating through a monthFreddie Sorensen7 Feb
    • RE: A challenge I thinkJohn Berman7 Feb
RE: A challenge I thinkWalt Weaver6 Feb
Re: iterating through a monthmos10 Feb