List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 13 1999 8:37am
Subject:3.22.27 i386 RPMs failing on Linux RH 5.2 systems
View as plain text
>>>>> "Troels" == Troels Arvin <troels@stripped> writes:

Troels> I just experienced it myself. And the same problem was reported in a
Troels> Danish newsgroup some days ago:

Troels> After starting MySQL with "/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start", MySQL simply
Troels> says "Database ended" or something alike.

Troels> Downgrading to 3.2.26a cures the problem.

Hi!

We just found this out !

The problem is that MySQL 3.22.27 is compiled on a RedHat 6.0 system
(which uses the default glibc 2.1). Even if we have compiled it
staticly it will not work properly on a RedHat 5.2 system!

(Some times I REALLY hate these glibc issues;  It's impossible to make
on Linux a static linked binary that works on all platforms)

We found that at least the --user option will not work.
You may get 3.22.27 to work by removing --user from mysql.server and
executing

mysql.server start

The above means that we have to look into producing different RPM:s
for glibc 2.0 and glibc 2.1 based systems :(

Regards,
Monty
Thread
3.22.27 i386 RPMs failing on Linux RH 5.2 systemsTroels Arvin12 Oct
  • 3.22.27 i386 RPMs failing on Linux RH 5.2 systemsMichael Widenius13 Oct
  • Re: 3.22.27 i386 RPMs failing on Linux RH 5.2 systemsTroels Arvin13 Oct