List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthew Stuart Date:February 5 2004 1:50pm
Subject:Need DSN less help
View as plain text
I am having problems with making a connection between my website and
the MySQL db on a different server. I have tried both hand coding and
using the MyOLEDB application for MySQL. What am I doing wrong? If you
think this looks a little strange, it is because it is a dreamweaver
connection file.

This is an error that I get when I try to browser the site:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified
/csi/index.asp, line 8

This is the code on index.asp, line 8:
Recordset.ActiveConnection = MM_connection_STRING

and here is the code from the connection file:
<%
' FileName="Connection_odbc_conn_dsn.htm"
' Type="ADO"
' DesigntimeType="ADO"
' HTTP="false"
' Catalog=""
' Schema=""
Dim MM_connection_STRING
MM_connection_STRING = "Driver={ mySQL };" & _
					" Server =servername.com;" & _
					" Port =3306;" & _
					" Option =131072;" & _
					"Stmt=;" & _
					"Database=databasename_db;" & _
					"Uid=database_user;" & _
					"Pwd=database_pass"
%>

Can somebody please tell me what is wrong with this? My ISP is a
reseller who has no experience of MySQL and because he is the customer
(not me) they will only talk to him. Besides that they are quite
useless when it comes to dreamweaver.

Thanks

Mat

Thread
Need DSN less helpMatthew Stuart5 Feb
RE: Need DSN less helpGilbert Wu5 Feb
  • RE: Need DSN less helpvpendleton5 Feb
Re: Need DSN less helpMatthew Stuart5 Feb