List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:February 5 2004 12:18pm
Subject:Re: [Q] setting DATE field with default NOW value?
View as plain text

> you can use TIMESTAMP data type, which have default NOW()

Not exactly.

1) TIMESTAMP also updates when you update the row, unless
  you set the column value to its current value.

2) not in "maxdb" mode.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/DATETIME.html

> > In a table definition, how do I get a date field to be
> > assigned as DEFAULT the current date?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
[Q] setting DATE field with default NOW value?Riaan Oberholzer5 Feb
  • Re: [Q] setting DATE field with default NOW value?Martijn Tonies5 Feb
  • Re: [Q] setting DATE field with default NOW value?KKoTY5 Feb
  • Re: [Q] setting DATE field with default NOW value?Martijn Tonies5 Feb
    • Re: [Q] setting DATE field with default NOW value?Brent Baisley5 Feb