List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alan Date:February 4 2004 7:37pm
Subject:Re: index change moving files to other computer?
View as plain text
On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 07:21:30PM +0000, vpendleton@stripped wrote:
> The older system is choosing to use a different index. I would suggest

Any idea why it would choose this?  Shouldn't mysql keep using the same

> running an analyze on your new tables and see if you can get the newer
> system to use the same Postsindex8 index.

I ran myisamchk -a on this, which according to the documentation is the same.
No changes.  I did downgrade to 4.0.14 however and happy happy day it's
back up to the speed that I was used to!

Now I'd love to know why I can't upgrade :)

Sorry for being such a lamer n00b, but it's not my DB and mysql has
always "just worked" for me (though I don't use many 600k row tables :)

Alan

--
Alan <alan@stripped> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain