List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:February 4 2004 2:56pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 5 Stored Procedures are server wide?
View as plain text
Hi,

> > When creating a stored procedure, what must I do to
> > create a procedure/function in a specific database?
> >
> > I created a function "hello" like in the example, but
> > afterwards, I cannot create it from another database
> > connection.
>
> Currently you can't create SP in the particular database.
>

> > The column "db" stays NULL in table "procs".
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Column 'db' in the table 'proc' isn't used yet. It's for future use.

Thank you for your answer. Can I expect procedures/functions
to be database specific in the future? Or will they stay server-wide?
IMO, they should be db specific :-)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
MySQL 5 Stored Procedures are server wide?Martijn Tonies4 Feb
  • Re: MySQL 5 Stored Procedures are server wide?Victoria Reznichenko4 Feb
  • Re: MySQL 5 Stored Procedures are server wide?Martijn Tonies4 Feb
    • Re: MySQL 5 Stored Procedures are server wide?Victoria Reznichenko4 Feb
  • Re: MySQL 5 Stored Procedures are server wide?Martijn Tonies4 Feb
    • Re: MySQL 5 Stored Procedures are server wide?Victoria Reznichenko5 Feb
  • Re: MySQL 5 Stored Procedures are server wide?Martijn Tonies5 Feb