List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 12 1999 11:31pm
Subject:Unable to change root password
View as plain text
Hello,
I have down-loaded & installed Mysql for windows-95
(mysql-shareware-win32-1_1).  I run MySqld ( to start MySql server) . After
this  when I give the following command to set my password :

 c:\mysql\bin> mysqladmin -u root password 'newpassword'

I get the following error :
    c:\MYSQL\BIN\MYSQL~1.EXE : unable to change  password; error 'parse
error near' SQL_OPTION password='7462f57b2536bc4e''at line 1'

I tried to set the password immediately after installing the MySql server
but the same error. Can any one help me out,

Hi!

Sorry, but the shareware version doesn't know about the SET PASSWORD
command.

Check the included manual how to set a password for the shareware
version!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Unable to change root passwordRK Patil12 Oct
  • Unable to change root passwordMichael Widenius13 Oct