List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 12 1999 10:45pm
Subject:Corrupted ".isd" & ".ism" files - NEED HELP!
View as plain text
>>>>> "Vaughn" == Vaughn Baker <vbaker@stripped> writes:

Vaughn> Hi all,
Vaughn> I DESPERATELY  . . . need help finding someone who has the ability to repair
Vaughn> corrupt ".isd" and "ism files within MySQL.  I have attempted to run
Vaughn> "isamchk -r" and "isamchk -ro" on the table name but receive the following
Vaughn> error:

Vaughn> "isamchk:  error:  Can't create new temp file:  'users.tmd'  ISAM-table
Vaughn> 'uers.ism' is not fixed because of errors"

Vaughn> I receive the same error message when I attempt to run "isamchk" on the
Vaughn> ".isd" file.  What I am looking for is someone who has the ability to repair
Vaughn> corrupt files without truncating the data records within.  If you can help
Vaughn> or know of somebody that can help please contact me and let me know what
Vaughn> "hoops" that I need to jump through to get these files repaired.  Other than
Vaughn> having the files repaired I know of no other options.  THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Vaughn> :-)

Start by taking an backup.

You can find information about the MySQL license prices and the MySQL
support levels at
http://www.tcx.se:/Manual_chapter/manual_Licensing_and_Support.html

(Just kidding, but you did send the mail directly to me and because of
this I assume you want to know how to get support :)

Try:

isamchk -r -f uers

The output from isamchk --help should also be very useful.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Corrupted ".isd" & ".ism" files - NEED HELP!Vaughn Baker12 Oct
  • Corrupted ".isd" & ".ism" files - NEED HELP!Michael Widenius13 Oct