List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:October 12 1999 6:13pm
Subject:Re: Problems Creating a new user
View as plain text
At 19:50, 19991012, Michael Widenius wrote:
> writes:
>Per>      grant all priviliges on *.* to pthomsen identified by
>Per>      'password' with grant option;
>
>This means that you will insert an entry with host='%' to the MySQL
>user table.  The problem is that the entry 'host=localhost' and
>'user='' is more specific than the above.

Monty, what would it take to have MySQL warn about this when you add
the entry?  I don't know how the warning could be displayed, or where
it would be triggered.  But it seems easy enough to tell if there are
user@host entries that will never be used because there are anonymous
user entries that are shadowing them.  Maybe adding it to mysqlaccess
would be good (except I don't think most people use mysqlaccess, for
some reason).  Maybe it's already in mysqlaccess (I don't use it, for
some reason, too).

Tim
Thread
Problems Creating a new userPer Reedtz Thomsen11 Oct
  • Re: Problems Creating a new usersinisa12 Oct
  • Problems Creating a new userMichael Widenius12 Oct
    • Re: Problems Creating a new userThimble Smith12 Oct
      • Re: Problems Creating a new userMichael Widenius13 Oct
        • Re: Problems Creating a new userThimble Smith13 Oct
Re: Problems Creating a New UserChristopher Hicks13 Oct
  • Re: Problems Creating a New UserMichael Widenius14 Oct