List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Stearns Date:January 28 2004 6:15pm
Subject:mysqld hangs with no CPU activity...
View as plain text
As reported under the subject "Random Database Slowdowns..." on the win32 list, our
database still hangs
on an average of 1-2 times per day.

I can find no error messages or logs associated to the problem. It affects both IIS
ADO connections as well as local connections from tools such as mysqlcc, mysqladmin
and command line tools such as mysql.

I see no CPU activity associated with the "hangs". I cannot stop and restart the service,
but most of the time a reboot will resolve the problem. Sometimes the problem will reoccur
within a few minutes of a reboot, other times it takes hours.

I am running 4.017 and this problem is now reached a critical stage and may force me
to find another DB, which I do not wish to do.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Paul

Thread
mysqld hangs with no CPU activity...Paul Stearns28 Jan
  • Re: mysqld hangs with no CPU activity...Ware Adams30 Jan
    • Re: mysqld hangs with no CPU activity...William R. Mussatto30 Jan