List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sid Lane Date:January 28 2004 1:07pm
Subject:Re: porting Oracle schema to MySQL
View as plain text
sounds like I reinvented the wheel but here's how I did it:

1.  reverse engineer Oracle database with ERWin
2.  write a little perl program to map/convert column types and convert syntax
for alter table clauses
3.  write a sqlplus script which dynamically creates a select/spool for a given
table from dba_tab_columns
4.  use load data to suck in flat files from step 3

there were some things I had to do manually/one-off but that was surprisingly
reliable for most of the migration.

Sid Lane
DBA - Site Operations
TWCi

|         |           Arunachalam      |
|         |           <arunchp@stripped|
|         |           .uk>             |
|         |           01/28/2004 02:46 |

  |       To:       Claire Lee <jingli71@stripped>
                                            |
  |       cc:       mysql@stripped
                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: porting Oracle schema to MySQL

look at http://www.ispirer.com
it provides a tool SQLWays, which is a migrating tool
to migrate any DataBase to MySQL with Data.

greets,

Arun.

 --- Claire Lee <jingli71@stripped> wrote: > Hi,