List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John McCaskey Date:January 27 2004 4:02pm
Subject:RE: updates on slave server??
View as plain text
The updates on the slave will not syncronize to the master if you have a one
direction master->slave relationship setup.  It is possible however to setup
each server as a master and as a slave so that server 1 is the master for
server 2 and server 2 is the master for server 1.  Then queries will
propogate in both directions.  This may be what you are looking for.

If you setup such bi-directional replication and you are executing queries
at the same time on both servers you need to be careful about things like
auto-index collumns getting out of sync and causing conflicts due to the
latency in replication.

John A. McCaskey