List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Doug Ledbetter Date:April 9 1999 2:20pm
Subject:SQL w/ multiple tables question
View as plain text
I need to select SOME fields from ALL records from multiple tables using
MySQL.  I've tried union and full outer join, but these don't seem to be
implemented in MySQL's SQL.

Here's more detail:

I have 3 tables with similar structures:  students, staff, and faculty.  I
want to select lname,fname,username from all three in ONE SQL statement
kinda like this:

select lname,fname,username from students,staff,faculty where unlisted='f'
order by lname, fname;

Any suggestions would be especially appreciated!

-dougl

 Doug Ledbetter        --       Webmaster       --       "The Mad Scientist"
 MidAmerica Nazarene University 2030 East College Way, Olathe, KS 66062-1899
 dougl@stripped           (913)782-3750 x205              http://www.mnu.edu/

 "Whoever shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive
Christianity will change the face of the world."  --Benjamin Franklin 1778"
SQL w/ multiple tables questionDoug Ledbetter9 Apr
Re: SQL w/ multiple tables questionDoug Ledbetter9 Apr
RE: SQL w/ multiple tables questionDaniel Gardner9 Apr
  • Re: SQL w/ multiple tables questionThimble Smith9 Apr