List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Shoaf Date:January 21 2004 5:39pm
Subject:Re: Shared Physical Database Question
View as plain text
As to the direct question of two servers accessing the same file via SAN, I
don't know.  But here is an option we are using.

I have two Linux Servers, a Web Server & and SQL server. Our web server
resides on both the internal & external networks (two nics), with some
firewall software installed (IPTables).  The outside network accesses the
webserver and the webserver accesses the SQL server.  Therefore no one on
the outside can directly access the internal network & the SQL
server.  Anyone using a SQL GUI interface or and scripting language would
not have direct access to the SQL server.  They would need to access the
webserver which has programs on that allows limited in-direct access to the
SQL server.  Hope this helps.

Patrick Shoaf
IT Manager

At 02:41 PM 1/19/2004, m.harris@stripped wrote:
>Could someone please tell me if tyhe following is possible or if a solution
>accomplishing the same thing is available?
>
>I would like to build a database using two MySQL servers accessing the same
>physical file on a common Drive attached to each computer via a SAN.  Can
>this be done or is there data integrity issues and database file locking
>issues?.  Our main goal is to provide the data gathered on a secure network
>and allow it to be seen on an insecure network.  I do understand that this
>can be accomplished using firewalls and other networking tools, but our
>management has been very firm in their insistence that a user has no direct
>network access to our internal/secure LAN.
>
>Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
>
>Matthew Harris
>

>--

Patrick J. Shoaf, Systems Engineer
<mailto:pshoaf@stripped>pshoaf@stripped

Midmon Internet Services, LLC
100 Third Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
http://www.midmon.com
Phone: 724-483-2400 ext. 105
  or    888-638-6963
Fax:   724-489-4386

Thread
Shared Physical Database Questionm.harris19 Jan
  • Re: Shared Physical Database QuestionPatrick Shoaf21 Jan
  • Re: Shared Physical Database QuestionDan Nelson21 Jan
RE: Shared Physical Database Questionm.harris21 Jan
RE: Shared Physical Database Questionm.harris21 Jan