List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hank Eskin Date:March 13 1999 1:39pm
Subject:Crypt Limitation?
View as plain text

I've been using the CRYPT function, but it seems I can
only encrypt strings of eight characters or less, since longer
strings with the same first eight characters
will return the same encrypted string even if they are
different strings.  Is there a way to encrypt longer
strings?  I've read the docs, and didn't see anything
about this limitation.

 Thanks,

- Hank
Thread
Crypt Limitation?Hank Eskin13 Mar
  • Re: Crypt Limitation?Paul DuBois13 Mar
    • Re: Crypt Limitation?Michael Widenius15 Mar
  • No Reply from your side!! Waiting for your reply!!!Murugavel6 Mar
  • Re: No Reply from your side!! Waiting for your reply!!!gerald_clark6 Mar