List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:m.harris Date:January 19 2004 7:41pm
Subject:Shared Physical Database Question
View as plain text
Could someone please tell me if tyhe following is possible or if a solution
accomplishing the same thing is available?

I would like to build a database using two MySQL servers accessing the same
physical file on a common Drive attached to each computer via a SAN.  Can
this be done or is there data integrity issues and database file locking
issues?.  Our main goal is to provide the data gathered on a secure network
and allow it to be seen on an insecure network.  I do understand that this
can be accomplished using firewalls and other networking tools, but our
management has been very firm in their insistence that a user has no direct
network access to our internal/secure LAN.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Matthew Harris

Thread
Shared Physical Database Questionm.harris19 Jan
  • Re: Shared Physical Database QuestionPatrick Shoaf21 Jan
  • Re: Shared Physical Database QuestionDan Nelson21 Jan
RE: Shared Physical Database Questionm.harris21 Jan
RE: Shared Physical Database Questionm.harris21 Jan