List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 12 1999 2:23am
Subject:sessions table gets currupted
View as plain text
>>>>> "miso" == miso  <miso@stripped> writes:

miso> Hello,
miso> One of my table gets corrupted very often, like once a week.
miso> I am not really sure what is causing it. The table is used
miso> for storing sessions information by a mod_perl script. It is
miso> really heavily accessed. New sessions are created and
miso> expired sessions are deleted all the time.

miso> Here's the create statement for the table.

miso> # Server version        3.22.20a

miso> CREATE TABLE sessions (
miso>   id varchar(16) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
miso>   length int(11),
miso>   a_session text,
miso>   a_time timestamp(14),
miso>   PRIMARY KEY (id),
miso> );

miso> The 'a_session' column contains Perl objects that are
miso> created by Storable::freeze() - basically they are chunks of
miso> binary data.

miso> I am wondering how I could prevent the corruptions. Running
miso> isamchk on it every night? Drop the table and recreate it
miso> once a day? What is causing the corruption - is it maybe the
miso> fact that data in TEXT coulm gets fragemnted? Any help would
miso> be appreceated!

Hi!

A table should NOT normally get corrupted;  If it does you have a
problem that should be fixed !

I would suggest you first try to upgrade to 3.22.27;  If this doesn't
help, try follow the instructions in the MySQL manual in the section
'Debugging a MySQL server'.  This describes how you can make an
repeatable example of your problem.  Anything that is repeatable can
usually be fixed very easily!

It would also had helped a lot if you had included information about
what isamchk says about the table and what information you have in
your 'hostname'.err file.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
MySQL 3.22.27 on Raq (mysql_install_db fails)Paul Schreiber9 Oct
  • Re: MySQL 3.22.27 on Raq (mysql_install_db fails)sinisa10 Oct
Re: MySQL 3.22.27 on Raq (mysql_install_db fails)Paul Schreiber10 Oct
  • Re: MySQL 3.22.27 on Raq (mysql_install_db fails)sinisa11 Oct
    • sessions table gets curruptedmiso11 Oct
      • sessions table gets curruptedMichael Widenius12 Oct
        • Re: sessions table gets curruptedmiso19 Oct
          • Re: sessions table gets curruptedMichael Widenius20 Oct
Re: MySQL 3.22.27 on Raq (mysql_install_db fails)Paul Schreiber11 Oct
  • Re: MySQL 3.22.27 on Raq (mysql_install_db fails)sinisa11 Oct
  • Re: MySQL 3.22.27 on Raq (mysql_install_db fails)Vivek Khera11 Oct
Re: MySQL 3.22.27 on Raq (mysql_install_db fails)Paul Schreiber11 Oct
  • Re: MySQL 3.22.27 on Raq (mysql_install_db fails)sinisa12 Oct