List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harmony Date:April 9 1999 9:16am
Subject:Different login forms for different users
View as plain text
Hi, I installed PHPLIB successfully on my linux box.

I have questions, however.

I have 2 (or more later) user tables (usersA & usersB)
in my database.  They can have the same usernames and
they access different areas (areaA & areaB) of web pages.

Before installing PHPLIB, authentication is made by
checking username/password suppied by users against
those in the corresponding table. i.e. Username/password
for visitors of areaA will be checking against table

After installed PHPLIB, I wonder how I should do that.

Should I also insert/update/delete the username/password
in table "auth_user" while insert/update/delete my user
tables (not only holding username/password but also other
information such as name,contact,addr..etc)?

Should I use a different auth_user tables for users in
usersA and usersB?  How is this done?  How about username

There seems to be only one login form (loginform.ihtml)
available in  Does that mean I cannot use
different login screen for different areas of web pages?
Or I have to include different in for pages
with different login screen?

I have the right to redesign my whole database in order
to make best use of the PHP/PHPLIB thing...

Please help.

Different login forms for different usersHarmony9 Apr
  • Re: Different login forms for different usersKristian K√∂hntopp9 Apr
    • Re: Different login forms for different usersHarmony11 Apr