List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harmony Date:April 9 1999 9:16am
Subject:Different login forms for different users
View as plain text
Hi, I installed PHPLIB successfully on my linux box.

I have questions, however.

I have 2 (or more later) user tables (usersA & usersB)
in my database.  They can have the same usernames and
they access different areas (areaA & areaB) of web pages.

Before installing PHPLIB, authentication is made by
checking username/password suppied by users against
those in the corresponding table. i.e. Username/password
for visitors of areaA will be checking against table
usersA.

After installed PHPLIB, I wonder how I should do that.

Should I also insert/update/delete the username/password
in table "auth_user" while insert/update/delete my user
tables (not only holding username/password but also other
information such as name,contact,addr..etc)?

Should I use a different auth_user tables for users in
usersA and usersB?  How is this done?  How about username
collision?

There seems to be only one login form (loginform.ihtml)
available in local.inc.  Does that mean I cannot use
different login screen for different areas of web pages?
Or I have to include different local.inc in for pages
with different login screen?

I have the right to redesign my whole database in order
to make best use of the PHP/PHPLIB thing...

Please help.

Regards.

Thread
Different login forms for different usersHarmony9 Apr
  • Re: Different login forms for different usersKristian K√∂hntopp9 Apr
    • Re: Different login forms for different usersHarmony11 Apr