List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:October 12 1999 12:23am
Subject:Re: advantage to seperate dbs?
View as plain text
At 16:51, 19991011, Joel Bremson wrote:
>Just wondering if there was any advantage to breaking up a single database
>containing a number of unrelated table systems into multiple databases.

>Conceptually it is the right thing to do, but I was wondering about it from a
>performance standpoint.

Nope.  The only real difference would be that the files that store your
tables would then be in separate directories on your db.  That's probably
not a concern for you, unless you're talking about thousands of tables.
If you're in that situation, I'd say you've got bigger problems.

So the question is, which is easiest for you to maintain?  You decide that
one.

Tim
Thread
advantage to seperate dbs?Joel Bremson12 Oct
  • Re: advantage to seperate dbs?Thimble Smith12 Oct