List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:EP Date:January 14 2004 3:52am
Subject:why: mysqldump and mysqlimport?
View as plain text
I am wondering:

I can see the MySQL data files for my various databases.

What technically prevents me from simply copying those files and using copies
- to move my database to another file structure or server
- to back-up my current db

Yes, I did put my finger in the electrical socket as a kid.  But only
several times.

TIA

Eric

Thread
Importing a dumpfileMatthew Stuart14 Jan
  • Re: Importing a dumpfileDaniel Kasak14 Jan
  • Re: Importing a dumpfileDouglas Sims14 Jan
  • Re: Importing a dumpfileRoger Baklund14 Jan
    • why: mysqldump and mysqlimport?EP14 Jan
      • Re: why: mysqldump and mysqlimport?Dan Nelson14 Jan
      • Re: why: mysqldump and mysqlimport?Tobias Asplund14 Jan
      • Re: why: mysqldump and mysqlimport?Daniel Kasak14 Jan