List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthew Stuart Date:January 14 2004 12:54am
Subject:Importing a dumpfile
View as plain text
Right having just got to grips with the mysqldump command, I would like
to be able to know how to import the database back in to MySQL should
anything happen to my PC.

Does mysqlimport have to be done in the command line window like
mysqldump, and if so, how? It's just that I tried to import stating
terminated, enclosed, escaped, etc and by the time I had come to list
the db name to import in to and the path to the file I wish to import,
the window wouldn't let me type anymore. Why? Did it get as bored as I
did?

What syntax do you people out there use?

Mat

Thread
Importing a dumpfileMatthew Stuart14 Jan
  • Re: Importing a dumpfileDaniel Kasak14 Jan
  • Re: Importing a dumpfileDouglas Sims14 Jan
  • Re: Importing a dumpfileRoger Baklund14 Jan
    • why: mysqldump and mysqlimport?EP14 Jan
      • Re: why: mysqldump and mysqlimport?Dan Nelson14 Jan
      • Re: why: mysqldump and mysqlimport?Tobias Asplund14 Jan
      • Re: why: mysqldump and mysqlimport?Daniel Kasak14 Jan