List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matt Griffin Date:January 13 2004 9:22pm
Subject:RE: hierarchical records, I need some help!! ;(
View as plain text
I have been using adjacency lists to solve problems with hierarchical data.
The algorithm is described in a relatively database independent way here:
http://www.intelligententerprise.com/001020/celko1_1.shtml

And by the same author here: http://www.dbmsmag.com/9603d06.html
Includes a tiny bit more on nested set models.

Cheers,
Matt