List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:January 12 2004 1:46pm
Subject:Re: hierarchical records, I need some help!! ;(
View as plain text
Victor,

First: don't ask the same thing twice.

> I have one table called noms like this:
>

> | id             | int(11)      |      | PRI | [NULL] | auto_increment |
> | reference    | varchar(255) |
> | component    | varchar(255) |
>
> the relation between reference and component is  hierarchical like
> reference - > component
>               reference -> component
>
> I want to have all the items into a recorset with only one query like
>
> Select id, reference, component from NOMS where reference = '00004'
>
> but i want not only the primary relations, i want all relations.

Second: specify what you mean with "all relations". Can you
share some sample data and sample output (that is: what
do you expect the query to return).

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
hierarchical records, I need some help!! ;(Victor Reus12 Jan
  • Re: hierarchical records, I need some help!! ;(Martijn Tonies12 Jan
    • Re: hierarchical records, I need some help!! ;(Victor Reus13 Jan
      • Re: hierarchical records, I need some help!! ;(Steve Folly13 Jan
        • Re: hierarchical records, I need some help!! ;(Jochem van Dieten13 Jan
          • Re: hierarchical records, I need some help!! ;(Steve Folly14 Jan
        • RE: hierarchical records, I need some help!! ;(Matt Griffin13 Jan
  • Re: hierarchical records, I need some help!! ;(Mike13 Jan