List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:January 12 2004 1:44pm
Subject:Re: metric conversions
View as plain text

> I recieve measurements for a product sometimes in inches, sometimes in
> centimeters.
> These are stored in table1
> int not null primary key, measurement1 int, measurement2 int, type
> varchar(255)
> I need to extract data from this table and store it in another table with
> measurements converted to inches.

You have a different problem here. If it's a single column
that holds both centimeters AND inches, depending on
another column value, then you have a design problem. Not
an SQL problem.

A column should only hold one value.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

metric conversionsRichard Davies12 Jan
  • Re: metric conversionsMartijn Tonies12 Jan
  • Re: metric conversionsRoger Baklund12 Jan
  • Re: metric conversionsDiana Soares12 Jan
  • Re: metric conversions SOLVEDRichard Davies12 Jan