List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Davies Date:January 12 2004 1:20pm
Subject:metric conversions
View as plain text
I recieve measurements for a product sometimes in inches, sometimes in
centimeters.

These are stored in table1
int not null primary key, measurement1 int, measurement2 int, type
varchar(255)

I need to extract data from this table and store it in another table with all
measurements converted to inches.

insert into table2 select from table1 no, measurement1+0.625,
measurement2+0.063, 'Style';

Would it be possible to have a field in table1 that indicates centimeters or
inches and modify the insert statement to check this field and divide
everything by 2.54 before adding and inserting? If this is possible how would
I do it I can't quite make it work.

--
Regards

Richard

Thread
metric conversionsRichard Davies12 Jan
  • Re: metric conversionsMartijn Tonies12 Jan
  • Re: metric conversionsRoger Baklund12 Jan
  • Re: metric conversionsDiana Soares12 Jan
  • Re: metric conversions SOLVEDRichard Davies12 Jan