List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Director General: NEFACOMP Date:January 9 2004 1:36pm
Subject:Re: odbc
View as plain text
ODBC does not need to be installed on the server machine. It is only needed
on the client.
So, it is possible to use Access to connect to the MySQL server even though
the ODBC is not installed on the server.
Just install MyODBC on the client machine and tell Access to connect through
ODBC.
You may need to create a DSN that connects to the server.

Thanks
Emery