List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:January 7 2004 3:21pm
Subject:Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?
View as plain text

> Loosing one table [one data file] is less affecting than 10.
> My view is that MySQL is good because it uses different data files. If one
> data file gets corrupt, you will loose less information since it is only
one
> table [meaning one data file] that is affected.
>
> I am not an expert though!!!!!!!!!! Just an Idea.

If you're loosing files, you have a different problem :-)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Jerry Apfelbaum14 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Sven Köhler15 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan15 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Sven Köhler15 Dec
        • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan15 Dec
          • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Tobias Asplund15 Dec
            • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan15 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Jeremy Zawodny16 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?David Garamond16 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Jeremy Zawodny16 Dec
        • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies15 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Sven Köhler15 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan15 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies15 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Juergen Sauer15 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies15 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan15 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies15 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Matthew Stanfield15 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Curtis Maurand15 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
        • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Matthew Stanfield16 Dec
          • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Matthew Stanfield16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Vinod Kumar Singh16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Dr. Frank Ullrich16 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?David Griffiths16 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?David Griffiths16 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan17 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?mos16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Matthew Stanfield17 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Ed Leafe17 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Director General: NEFACOMP7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies7 Jan
RE: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Joshua Thomas15 Dec
Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?mos17 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies17 Dec
Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?mos18 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies18 Dec