List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian O'Rourke Date:January 6 2004 9:25am
Subject:Bet the Business
View as plain text
I've been playing with MySQL for a bit now (and it is playing) and I'm using
it for a number of personal sites (ie not many users, and only I really post
stuff). I've also adopted it at work, and we use it to dump Lotus Domino
information into for more structured reporting. All is good.

In the near future we face making a decision for a database backend, and the
logical choice for us is MSSQL as we have one server already for Great
Plains - but it would seem MySQL is much cheaper. This would be a line of
business we application for around 200 people.

Obviously, the details are vague here, I was just wondering if anyone had
any stories, personal ones, rather than the press announcements, of adopting
MySQL for line of business, critical stuff - what it involved, how it went,
what issues they faced in getting it accepted and so on.

I'm genuinly interested.

Thread
Bet the BusinessIan O'Rourke6 Jan
  • Re: Bet the BusinessDaniel Kasak6 Jan
  • Re: Bet the BusinessJochem van Dieten6 Jan
  • Re: Bet the Businessrobert_rowe6 Jan
    • Re: Bet the Businessian.orourke6 Jan
      • Re: Bet the BusinessMatt Davies6 Jan
  • Re: Bet the BusinessMichael Bacarella6 Jan
  • Re: Bet the Businessrobert_rowe6 Jan
    • Re: Bet the BusinessIan O'Rourke6 Jan
    • Re: Bet the BusinessMartijn Tonies6 Jan
  • ..mysql question bank.. Needed..Amanullah7 Jan
  • Re: Bet the BusinessMike7 Jan
    • Re: Bet the Businessian.orourke7 Jan
  • Re: Bet the Businessrobert_rowe7 Jan
  • Re: Bet the Businessrobert_rowe7 Jan