List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Travis Reeder Date:January 5 2004 11:42pm
Subject:Re: Deciding whether to convert to InnoDB
View as plain text
Very much so.  That's why I'm trying to get as much juice out of the cpu
as possible.

Travis

Dan Nelson wrote:

>In the last episode (Jan 05), Travis Reeder said:
>

>>I'm sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find solid evidence
>>as to whether switching would provide us with any benefits.
>>
>>We currently run MyIsam tables on 4.1.x and we are continuously
>>processing 24 hours/day and using about 20 tables heavily.  The
>>process is generally doing Updates or Inserts depending on whether
>>the row is available for updates, otherwise new rose is inserted and
>>then updates until the next time bucket.  It's always a different
>>time bucket though, not always the same row being used.  We found
>>that running 3 processing threads seems to be around optimal (10 was
>>too many, 1 was too little) for being able to process the maximum
>>amount.  Mysql runs at 100% pretty much constantly.
>>

>100% CPU?  Sounds like you might be CPU-bound.

Thread
Deciding whether to convert to InnoDBTravis Reeder5 Jan
  • Re: Deciding whether to convert to InnoDBSam Vilain5 Jan
  • Re: Deciding whether to convert to InnoDBDan Nelson5 Jan
    • Re: Deciding whether to convert to InnoDBTravis Reeder6 Jan
RE: Deciding whether to convert to InnoDBJoshua Thomas5 Jan