List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Willy Dockx Date:January 5 2004 2:00pm
Subject:French characters ok with mysql in Windows, nok with mysql in Linux
View as plain text
Hello,

I already posted this problem end of 2003, but probably, the champagne has
troubled the answers.

The solution of this problem is really important for me. Can anybody help?

I have  made a website using jboss, Hibernate, mysql 4.0.16 and
mysql-connector-java-3.0.9.

In development this is installed on Windows2000 and everything works fine, also
when the user inputs characters like é, à, è, …

In production this is installed on Linux (RedHat 8). There also everything works
fine, except for the strange characters é, à, è.

I suppose the reason is that RedHat uses UTF-8 as encoding.

I’ve tried to put ‘useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8’ in the driver
connection url, but this doesn’t help.

Can anyone help me on this problem?

Greetings,

Willy Dockx

Thread
French characters ok with mysql in Windows, nok with mysql in LinuxWilly Dockx5 Jan
  • Re: French characters ok with mysql in Windows, nok with mysql in LinuxDavid Bordas5 Jan
    • RE: French characters ok with mysql in Windows, nok with mysql in LinuxWilly Dockx5 Jan
    • RE: French characters ok with mysql in Windows, nok with mysql in LinuxWilly Dockx5 Jan
      • Re: French characters ok with mysql in Windows, nok with mysql in LinuxDavid Bordas6 Jan
        • RE: French characters ok with mysql in Windows, nok with mysql in LinuxWilly Dockx6 Jan
RE: French characters ok with mysql in Windows, nok with mysql in LinuxWilly Dockx5 Jan