List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:adburne Date:January 5 2004 1:01pm
Subject:Temporary table rights
View as plain text
Someone can give me a hand with this:

I'll be fighting with rights over tmp tables time ago, basically I want give
full temporary tables management but not for other all tables, including
select right.

The only way to do that work was insert in tables_priv for each user a
user/tmp_table_name" record granting full privileges on that temporary table

There is a problem with this because 'TMP%' as table_name doesn't work in
tables_priv, you must insert many rows as many different temporary tables
names you think use.

The question is: There is a way to improve tmp rights management? I think
this is a weak side of mysql.

Thnks! Alejandro
Thread
Temporary table rightsadburne5 Jan