List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Travis Reeder Date:January 5 2004 8:02am
Subject:Deciding whether to convert to InnoDB
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find solid evidence as
to whether switching would provide us with any benefits.

We currently run MyIsam tables on 4.1.x and we are continuously
processing 24 hours/day and using about 20 tables heavily.  The process
is generally doing Updates or Inserts depending on whether the row is
available for updates, otherwise new rose is inserted and then updates
until the next time bucket.  It's always a different time bucket though,
not always the same row being used.  We found that running 3 processing
threads seems to be around optimal (10 was too many, 1 was too little)
for being able to process the maximum amount.  Mysql runs at 100% pretty
much constantly.

Now would InnoDB help in this situation?  Would it allow us to increase
the thread count to push more through in a shorter amount of time
(because the tables wouldn't be locking)?

And if so, would it be enough to justify the extra space required for
innodb?

Regards,

Travis

Thread
Deciding whether to convert to InnoDBTravis Reeder5 Jan
  • Re: Deciding whether to convert to InnoDBSam Vilain5 Jan
  • Re: Deciding whether to convert to InnoDBDan Nelson5 Jan
    • Re: Deciding whether to convert to InnoDBTravis Reeder6 Jan
RE: Deciding whether to convert to InnoDBJoshua Thomas5 Jan