List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Asif Iqbal Date:January 2 2004 8:58am
Subject:Re: Newbie: need form to input records & View report
View as plain text
Troy T. Hall wrote:
> I know this sounds stupid but I'm totally lost.
> I've created a MySQL DB whose purpose is to track customers who have not
> gotten a newspaper.
> I've created all the necessary fields, and have managed to learn how to
> add/delete/modify the records in mysqlcc, but what I want is to have a
> predesigned form like you'd find on a webpage where you simply enter the
> complaints and hit submit or whatever, and it responds with the complaint ID
> # ( ComplaintID is an autoincrement field in the db )  Then I need to be
> able to print a report in a nicely labeled/readable format showing all
> entries made that day where the "chargeable" field is not "List" (Chargeable
> is an enum consisting of "yes", "no", "list").
>
> Will someone please be kind enough to point me in the right direction.  I
> can't seem to get my head around this concept.
>
> Troy
> oh, if it matters, I'm using Linux Mandrake 9.2 with the Gnome 2.0 GDM.  I
> also have qtDesigner, OO, & Screem.

Have you looked at RT ( http://http://bestpractical.com/rt/ ) ? We are
using it to receive customer complains. When the customer sends an email
they get a Complain ID and there are lot of other things as optional

The best part is  it is free and and have excellent mailing list with
supports. It requires Perl/MySQL/Apache+mod_perl1

Very easy to manage and excellent tool

Asif Iqbal
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B686E08
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Newbie: need form to input records & View reportTroy T. Hall2 Jan
  • Re: Newbie: need form to input records & View reportarjun2 Jan
  • Re: Newbie: need form to input records & View reportAsif Iqbal2 Jan
  • Re: Newbie: need form to input records & View reportTroy T. Hall3 Jan
  • Re: Newbie: need form to input records & View reportTroy T. Hall3 Jan
  • Re: Newbie: need form to input records & View reportLigaya Turmelle4 Jan