List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:michael elston Date:December 31 2003 4:54pm
Subject:FULLTEXT Search and Hyphens
View as plain text
I am having some trouble with fulltext search when searching a Table
for parts numbers which contain HYPHENS ( - ) and i am 90% sure that is
where the problem is.

My query is:
SELECT * FROM ms_items
where MATCH (it_mnfgID, it_title, it_descrip) AGAINST ('*kk-4835*' IN
BOOLEAN MODE )

What i want to be able to accomplish is say your are searching for a
"KK-4835"

I want to be able to type in "KK-4835", "KK4835", or even "KK 4835) and
all return the same part. as it stands right now,  searching for even
just "kk-" returns nothing  but searching for "4835" will return items
with 4835.

is this a known problem with MySQL or is there a way around it? I am
half tempted to create another column for keywords.

thanks for any help

-me

Thread
FULLTEXT Search and Hyphensmichael elston31 Dec
  • Re: FULLTEXT Search and HyphensDan Nelson31 Dec
  • Re: FULLTEXT Search and Hyphenstk31 Dec
    • Re: FULLTEXT Search and Hyphenstk31 Dec
  • Re: FULLTEXT Search and HyphensThomas Spahni5 Jan