List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:robert_rowe Date:December 29 2003 2:50pm
Subject:Re: Cannot connect on the internet...Do I need to open a port on my router?
View as plain text
If remote clients will connect directly to your MySQL server then you will need to open
port 3306. If you are only going to access MySQL via server side scripts (PHP) then you
will not need to open this port as the scripts will connect to the localhost.

If you cannot see your web site then it sounds like a configuration problem with Apache.
You might check your Apache config file. You might also check your firewall and router
settings to make certain that port 80 is open.
Thread
Cannot connect on the internet...Do I need to open a port onmy router?Ola Ogunneye29 Dec
  • Re: Cannot connect on the internet...Do I need to open a port on my router?robert_rowe29 Dec