List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikhail Entaltsev Date:December 29 2003 1:45pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 5.0.0 has been released
View as plain text
Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot.
I have installed MySQL 5.0.0 on my test machine (Suse Linux 8.2 kernel
2.4.20 i586)
and have populated data (~40 InnoDB tables with max. 50 000 000 rows)

So far it works stable and I didn't have any big problem, but I have found
that speed of inserting data is ~3-5 times slower in comparison with version
4.0.14
(the same my.cnf config-file and the same PC).

Is it because binary distribution of 5.0 version is not optimized?

Thank you in advance,
Mikhail.

> On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, Michael Widenius wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > MySQL 5.0.0, a new version of the popular Open Source/Free Software
> > Database Management System, has been released. It is now available in
> > source and binary form for a number of platforms from our download pages
> > at http://www.mysql.com/downloads/ and mirror sites.

Thread
help with connect error(Verle Harrison)13 Mar
  • help with connect errorsinisa14 Mar
  • help with connect errorMichael Widenius15 Mar
  • Re: MySQL 5.0.0 has been releasedadburne24 Dec
  • Re: MySQL 5.0.0 has been releasedThomas Spahni29 Dec
    • Re: MySQL 5.0.0 has been releasedMikhail Entaltsev29 Dec
    • Re: MySQL 5.0.0 has been releasedSergei Golubchik29 Dec
Re: MySQL 5.0.0 has been releasedHeikki Tuuri29 Dec