List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ads mysql Date:December 29 2003 1:42pm
Subject:Not able to connect to mysql by mysql_connect()
View as plain text
Hi,
I am trying to connect mysql through .php script.

Following is the php code.

###############
MYSQL_CONNECT("localhost", "xxxxx", "xxxxxxx" ) OR DIE("Unable to connect to database");
@mysql_select_db("xxxxxxx") or die("Unable to select database");
###################

I get following warning :

Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
server; consider upgrading MySQL client in
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/Display_squiddata.php on line 99
Unable to connect to database.

I then tried mysql_real_connec() as per documentation as follows :

##########

MYSQL
mysql;mysql_init(&mysql);mysql_options(&mysql,MYSQL_OPT_COMPRESS,0);mysql_options(&mysql,MYSQL_READ_DEFAULT_GROUP,"odbc");if
(!mysql_real_connect(&mysql,"host","user","passwd","database",0,NULL,0)){
fprintf(stderr, "Failed to connect to database: Error: %s\n",
mysql_error(&mysql));}

The above requests the client to use the

1) I want to use mysql_connect() to connect to database whcih I am using all these days.

2) If there is any problem due to new version of mysql. Please guide how to use function
mysql_real_connect(). Please guide me to URL which will give values for using
mysql_real_function.

I am have installed mysql as follows :

MySQL-client-4.1.1-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-server-4.1.1-1.i386.rpm