List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Hazeltine Date:October 10 1999 12:25am
Subject:Best way to keep different db in sync
View as plain text
Hi

I have mysql running on two hosts.  The first is used to update the data
and the second is used for the web enquiries.  This will be have to be the
arrangement for the time being.

However, the closer the two can be syncronized the bettter.  I was
planning to pull the data at set periods using a perl script on the web
server querying the other database remotely and INSERTing the data into
the local, web database using a while loop.

Has anyone any views on this method of updating the local database and if
there are better ways of doing this?

Rob...
Robert Hazeltine                      Member of UWSN Web Management Group
Project Officer (Web Development)     Phone:  +61 (2) 4736 0218
Central Administration                Email:  r.hazeltine@stripped
University of Western Sydney, Nepean  http://www.nepean.uws.edu.au/

Thread
Best way to keep different db in syncRobert Hazeltine10 Oct
  • Re: Best way to keep different db in syncMike Machado10 Oct
    • Re: Best way to keep different db in syncelble10 Oct