List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 18 2003 11:51am
Subject:Re: please give me help in important decision!
View as plain text
Hi Hans,

Please reply to the MySQL list instead of personally.

>hi martijn,
>thank you very much for your help.
>my replies are further down...

>>* if yes: how can i change them for the "real-system" (the homepage),
>>that uses packed myisam-tables (because there is no writing, only
>>reading from db!).
>
>>Change what? Your current tables to InnoDB?
>
>no, the other way round: because i use the packed myisam-tables with the
homepage, and so i think i have >to convert the innodb-tables, in which the
acutal data is worked in (added, changed, deleted), at last - for >usage
with the homepage - to the mentioned packed-myisam-tables.

I'm pretty sure you can simply extract a DDL script via
some MySQL tool and change all your table-type clauses
to InnoDB.

>Perhaps by replication?
>

>well i see, i have to learn a lot, but i want to: where shall i look for
information to this "replication"?

The MySQL manuals is a good start :-)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
please give me help in important decision!zuhans@iname.com18 Dec
  • Re: please give me help in important decision!Martijn Tonies18 Dec
  • Re: please give me help in important decision!Martijn Tonies18 Dec